65 views
Verified Reviewer

My 2016 Precept 35US coach is currently being repaired by Holman RV near Batavia, OH. They just installed a new front cap but the windshield did not fit.

They were advised by Jayco parts several weeks ago that Jayco supplied the incorrect front cap and had to mold a new cap. Now Jayco Parts are saying the front cap is correct but are unable to supply the correct windshield. I'm hearing mixed stories and would like to know the truth and when I could expect the parts to complete my coach.

Jayco account number G0A06231.

UPDATE: Spoke with a lady in Claims yesterday, the first person who knew all the details. It seems the front cap supplier destroyed the mold for the 2016 35US without notifying Jayco.

So Jayco sent the new cap with all the hardware for the original cap, nothing fits. Jayco created a new bill of material for the new cap for my coach and have entered an expedited order. Estimating 4 weeks for parts and another 2 to complete the installation.

My dealer, Holman RV in Batavia Ohio has been very gracious and wonderful to work with. Hoping to have my coach back early April.

User's recommendation: Work with your dealer and advocate for yourself with Jayco, after all, you are the owner.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Jayco Pros: Great warranty, Mostly easy to deal with at times.

Jayco Cons: Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio