Update added by user Apr 22
Check out what happens when you try and tape the control panel down because the screws are screwed into air. The so called wood the screws are suppose to be screwed into is cardboard with some sort if wood covering glued to it. The duct tape pulled the fake wood stuff off.
Update added by user Apr 18
Water heater had another leak at another connection which has been fixed again.
Now the water pump is acting funny, knocking, beating it's self against the floor. I have lost water pressure and the toilet runs and runs when flushed.
I also now have a new dent in the corner molding by the bathroom.
The drain plug was just sitting in the water heater area outside under the cover. I was told that's how it was when brought in, amazing!
Update added by user Apr 16
Dealer said the problem which caused the fire was a spider web.
The current rate for running a brush through the gas line is $125.00.
16 issues were addressed during the service stop.
Front of trailer and shower will have to come loose/out for more mold mitigation.
I know know what a full timer is: someone who owns a trailer and spends all their time working on it.
This Jayco is a full time job!
Update added by user Apr 11
Well it's April 12th. and water started coming out from under the bathroom wall. The water heater has totally taken a dump, literally!
What a mess this trailer is.
Update added by user Apr 03
What makes all the water leaks even more concerning is the shower has never been used.
While looking for water, I pulled the inspection panel in the storage compartment to the area below the shower and found the shower was supported by scrap pieces of 2x4's, not very confident inspiring!
Update added by user Apr 03
Also, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall, one side of the plastic assembly had missed the stud and only screwed into cardboard wall.
Same situation as window cover snaps.
Update added by user Apr 01
The screws holding the refueling station began popping off, bent frame?
Original review posted by user Apr 01
2015 Jayco 222 Octane SL Toyhauler
Water leaks every connection has leaked, water pump kicks on all the time, 5 times it's been in for water leaks and still not resolved.
Mold- more water leaking in at front bottom of trailer there's a gap and daylight can be seen. Found this while cleaning up mold which is in everything.
Fridge makes all kinds of noise and goes into check when switching power sources.
Furnace jingles like a bearing is going out.
Screen door plastic slide has been on order since new.
3 cabinet doors have fallen off, if you attempt to tighten the screws strip the soft wood.
All wood work was staples and nails exposed, not to mention all the visible hammer and sanding marks on everything wood.
Nitrogen sticker was hiding a dent.
Fuel station nozzle was stuck on and sprayed fuel all over my motorcycle.
Microwave oven door came pre-dented.
Trailer Control cabinet screws all came loose.
Windows all leak and make noise when wind is blowing.
Axle bent, 3 months to get it replaced.
All 4 tires needed replaced due to the axle.
Fender skirt cracked since new.
Water heater started on fire when I try'ed to heat water using propane.
Storage compartment trim peeling off.
Front bird graphic peeling off.
Medicine cabinet shelves falling apart.
Stereo face will no longer latch down properly.
Battery strap for generator broke an on order I guess.
Generator sounds like a bearing is going out while under a small load.
Trim in bathroom and sleeping area not properly fitted to walls and ceiling.
Never able to get this unit out of the state (Colorado).
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- 2015 Jayco Octane 222 Super Lite
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Thor Hurracaine 2016 in August 2015. So much is wrong with it .The furnace still does not work right. The bedroom closets are leaking, but would..."
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "Do not buy from Cactus Jacks in Mesa, Az. I bought a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix and didn't even get it home before the problems started. I had..."
- "Checked in to aurora Colorado extended stay and was not greeted by front desk. Attendant was in the back I waited 15 mins for check in. Was told..."
- "They're there to steal your identity and lie about who you're married they're there to steal your identity and lie about who you're married to as well as use..."
- "As a 10+ year subscriber to myFICO Quarterly monitoring that includes daily monitoring of lots of information to detect identity theft at the earliest possible moment, I thought I was..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."