La Junta, Colorado
1.4K views 3 comments

Update by user Apr 22, 2016

Check out what happens when you try and tape the control panel down because the screws are screwed into air. The so called wood the screws are suppose to be screwed into is cardboard with some sort if wood covering glued to it. The duct tape pulled the fake wood stuff off.

Update by user Apr 18, 2016

Water heater had another leak at another connection which has been fixed again.

Now the water pump is acting funny, knocking, beating it's self against the floor. I have lost water pressure and the toilet runs and runs when flushed.

I also now have a new dent in the corner molding by the bathroom.

The drain plug was just sitting in the water heater area outside under the cover. I was told that's how it was when brought in, amazing!

Update by user Apr 16, 2016

Dealer said the problem which caused the fire was a spider web.

The current rate for running a brush through the gas line is $125.00.

16 issues were addressed during the service stop.

Front of trailer and shower will have to come loose/out for more mold mitigation.

I know know what a full timer is: someone who owns a trailer and spends all their time working on it.

This Jayco is a full time job!

Update by user Apr 11, 2016

Well it's April 12th. and water started coming out from under the bathroom wall. The water heater has totally taken a dump, literally!

What a mess this trailer is.

Update by user Apr 03, 2016

What makes all the water leaks even more concerning is the shower has never been used.

While looking for water, I pulled the inspection panel in the storage compartment to the area below the shower and found the shower was supported by scrap pieces of 2x4's, not very confident inspiring!

Update by user Apr 03, 2016

Also, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall, one side of the plastic assembly had missed the stud and only screwed into cardboard wall.

Same situation as window cover snaps.

Update by user Apr 01, 2016

The screws holding the refueling station began popping off, bent frame?

Original review posted by user Apr 01, 2016

2015 Jayco 222 Octane SL Toyhauler

Water leaks every connection has leaked, water pump kicks on all the time, 5 times it's been in for water leaks and still not resolved.

Mold- more water leaking in at front bottom of trailer there's a gap and daylight can be seen. Found this while cleaning up mold which is in everything.

Fridge makes all kinds of noise and goes into check when switching power sources.

Furnace jingles like a bearing is going out.

Screen door plastic slide has been on order since new.

3 cabinet doors have fallen off, if you attempt to tighten the screws strip the soft wood.

All wood work was staples and nails exposed, not to mention all the visible hammer and sanding marks on everything wood.

Nitrogen sticker was hiding a dent.

Fuel station nozzle was stuck on and sprayed fuel all over my motorcycle.

Microwave oven door came pre-dented.

Trailer Control cabinet screws all came loose.

Windows all leak and make noise when wind is blowing.

Axle bent, 3 months to get it replaced.

All 4 tires needed replaced due to the axle.

Fender skirt cracked since new.

Water heater started on fire when I try'ed to heat water using propane.

Storage compartment trim peeling off.

Front bird graphic peeling off.

Medicine cabinet shelves falling apart.

Stereo face will no longer latch down properly.

Battery strap for generator broke an on order I guess.

Generator sounds like a bearing is going out while under a small load.

Trim in bathroom and sleeping area not properly fitted to walls and ceiling.

Never able to get this unit out of the state (Colorado).

Review about: 2015 Jayco Octane 222 Super Lite.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Jayco?

Comments

jason d
Oregon, Wisconsin, United States #1277305

Wow....just wow.Won't be getting one of these.

Will be spending the dollars and getting and ATC and insulating it.

Sorry for your troubles.Seems like the Amish blond guy in their vids (last 15 years) needs some glasses to get the screws in strait.

I'm unable to update the post and I find it important to let you know that Jayco has authorized 6 hours to fix the leak between the front cap and the bottom of the trailer.

I'll tell you what, both Jayco and CW have their hands full with this trailer.

tkat115

Almost forgot,

Snaps for rear window covers pulling out of cardboard wall.

Covers do not fit very well.

Tape covering cracks peeling off.

Bathroom door has a 1/4 inch gap on one end and a 2 inch gap on the other.

Toilet pump had to be replaced, just another water leak.Electric trailer jack has metal filings falling out whenever used.

Hate to think about turning on air conditioner after fire at water heater which I regret putting out.I have a 1976 Winnabago that's more road worthy than this trailer!