Featured

Jayco - Defective products
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Original review May 24, 2023

Brand new travel trailer. Paid $32,000.

Had it for 10 months and never got to go camping in it. Roof leaked. Fridge not insulated. A/C non-functional and NUMEROUS other defects.

Destroyed my summer 2021. Left me stranded and homeless in PA. Beth Peffley, Jayco towables product support lead, said their only responsibility is to fix the defects at no cost to me. Design flaws, too many to count.

And their cust srv reps are awful. The law says that if I make a timely request, with good reason, for a full refund that I am entitled to a full refund. Within 5 months of owning the defective unit I made five requests for Jayco to take back their junk and refund my purchase price.

Jayco said laws do not apply to them as long as they honor their warranty. Jayco SUCKS

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Too many to mention

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BUY JAYCO. YOU'LL REGRET IT.

Howard S Nxr

As I have written before, do not walk away from a Jayco RV, RUN, as fast as you can and do not look back. Their quality is basement level, warranty work is as bad as it gets.

A local dealer for Thor said to me that the reimbursement to them from Thor is never enough to cover the actual costs of the repair work.

How long before Tiffin quality will be as bad as the rest of the Thor product lineup? Not long I think.

Van L Dkm

Poor quality

Had a 2006 couldnt ask for better boughta brand new 2021 in Jan 2022. In one year the microwave died shortly after the water heater died and now in April of 2024 the heater has died during a cool trip. You can forget about customer service with direct contact with jayco or the dealer period.
Cons:
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buy an old camper

Jeffery J Uam

Poor quality

Jayco - Poor quality

For the cost of these campers there is very poor quality. I purchased a new 2023 jayco slx184bs.

With in 1 month I had to take it back. They had to replace the slide out motors and control board. Then the water pump went out. There was many cosmetic issues.

Dents in the door, trim pealing off, outlet screws stripped out causing outlets to stick out from wall. The second water pump was not working properly. After investigating it, I found there was a blockage from the freshwater tank. Come to find out, when they put the 4 holes in the water tank for the level gauges.

They let the plastic pieces go into the tank.

They ended up in the lines and stopped the water flow. You should not have to work on a brand new 28,000 camper!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks great and great if it works
Cons:
  • Cheaply made and breaks easy

User's recommendation: Don't buy jayco

Michael M Cvu

Fire in my camper

Jayco - Fire in my camper

Where ELShPETES RV-JAYCO should reconsider their relationship with these idiots

Worst Company EVER. This company is no longer the same, Shawn really should be ashamed of this operation.

I had my camper serviced, simple service took over 3 months, replaced my Motherboard (the entire electrical Brain of the Camper) I went and picked up my camper and brought home, maybe 10min away.

About 1 week later we went to take out the batteries due to the cold weather to discover it was at some point on fire. Strange right, we are being blamed. They asked me to return the camper immediately so they can inspect it, fast forward ANOTHER 2-3 months, they told me the diagnosis was my solar panels were over charging my battery.STRANGE, I dont have solar panels. Then they are blaming me that I had a jack fall on it and sparked a fire, STRANGE again, it melted the jack chain and it welded it to the handle, there is absolutely no physical way this could of been the culprit, it is physically impossible.

Again, all this after they touched the main frame of the electrical.

They are good at selling you a camper, but serviceAWFUL, they even called the cops on us as we were upset over this situation. MEANWHILE, the service manager TONY(is a complete coward) wouldnt acknowledge us, or speak with us, when we were speaking with the cops and the service writers, all he did was watch from the door (COWARD). The cops were great, actually helped us as this will cause this to circle back to PETES RV. The cops were very helpful, Thank you Petes or calling them.

Now we have an insurance investigator and the Fire Marshall involved.

PETES will be in serious trouble over this. Also if we go camping and the camper happens to catch fire over this ( we have 3 kids) PETES RV will be 1000% liable for any injury, damage and hospitalization if occurs due to their lack of due diligence.

BUYER BEWARE- Petes RV used too be the best, now they are just trying to become a giant in the industry and there service and support is absolutely awful!!!

If Sean happens to read this, I welcome hearing from you on this.

This is a seriuos issue and could cause a tragic accident.

The service techs have no training, at least no where near enough to Know what they are doing or talking about. As Solar panels dont exist on my unit.

Mike M

Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice brand
Cons:
  • Poor quality on certain parts
  • And failure to stand behind them

User's recommendation: Shop elsewhere

Case# 759882

Last 4 0f VIN # 6N0A3379

2023 JAYCO PRECEPT 31UL

Dear Jayco Manufacturer,

We regret to inform you that we will no longer do business with Chesaco RV of Joppa, Maryland 21085. The lack of professionalism and ineptitude in handling the repairs has left us with a negative impression of the dealership.

We are frustrated and disappointed regarding the lack of repairs or replacement for items we paid for (June 12, 2023) with our new RV. During the inspection and delivery of our vehicle, several concerns were found and reported. The General Manager took the report, and the Service Department did not resolve issues no matter how long the RV was onsite or returned for repairs (multiple times).

The summer escaped us, and we could not enjoy our new RV. We were angry because we saw the Service Department did not fix the issues each time the vehicle was ready for pickup.

Please provide a dealership near Perry Hall, Maryland, 21128, to fix all RV issues.

The list of items is under warranty. Photos are attached.

Issues/Concerns:

1. The air conditioner puts lots of condensation on the floor when it is on.

2. Dinette's seat has a rip in the center (behind the vehicle's passenger side).

Dinette's back support cushion does not adhere to the backing.

4. The frame around the headlights does not adhere to the RV's front.

The window blind has fallen and cannot be reinstalled (above the televator).

- Cummins fixed the generator a weeks ago (with the help of Mr. Phillip Cusic).

I hope to receive a prompt response and look forward to resolving this matter soon.

Sincerely,

Stephanie and Eric Johnson

Perry Hall, MD 21128

User's recommendation: I highly recommend to potential buyers of an RV that an independent, certified RV inspector perform an inspection before you pay or sign a contract. Do not buy their product if the dealership does not allow an independent assessment. You should have a written agreement and not a verbal one. In addition, the dealership will charge you for a walk-through of the RV that should be performed during the delivery (approximately $5,000); do not pay before all the items found during the inspection have been verified to be repaired or replaced. Ensure you receive a copy of any warranty parts ordered and replaced by the dealership or manufacturer. Have the technician point out the items replaced or repaired. Lastly, it's crucial to understand how the warranty process works. The dealership will sell you an extended warranty; however, the dealership will not tell you that approval from the manufacturer is required to perform the services needed. The dealership will not perform any work until the manufacturer compensates the dealership. The timeline to get your RV back maybe months, and the dealership or the manufacturer will not give you clear answers. So please document everything, just in case you may need to go to court.

Edward D Tav

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Service and warranty

Jayco - Service and warranty
Jayco - Service and warranty - Image 2
Jayco - Service and warranty - Image 3
Jayco - Service and warranty - Image 4
Updated by user Oct 27, 2023

I am still in talks with Jayco and Dexter. I just hope they stand behind their product. To be continued

Original review Sep 26, 2023
I bought a 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS from Affinity RV in Prescott AZ. I totally understand that when you buy a house that goes 70 mph on the road you will have problems.

The first year I brought it back for some repairs it took them over two months to get the unit back to me. Once I got it back I had to fix what they threw together. I paid over a $100,000 I would think I would get good service like I was told when I bought the unit. On 6/8/2023 I had an appointment to bring my coach down to Affinity again and get some more issues repaired.

Long story short after two months I had to go to the CEO of Bluecompass rv who now owns Affinity before they got anything ordered. I had 8 items on the list and as of today only 6 of them have been repaired on this Monday. 3 1/2 months later and still waiting sorry but that is just not right. The reason I am writing is because Affinity is waiting for Jayco to give them the okay to repair my rear axle.

So let me inform you of the issue I am having with the rear axle. I only have 2800 miles on this unit and the passenger side tire on the rear axle had worn off on the inside of the tire and the tread that was left looks like it was ripping. The driver side rear tire is starting to do the same thing but not as bad. I have pictures or the rear suspension and you can see the tweaking of the rear suspension and the front suspension is straight.

I also have pictures of the tires. I also have emails going back and forth between Affinity, Jayco and myself. The front axle and tire looks perfect no uneven wear. Something is wrong and Jayco keeps asking for the same information from Affinity and no answers.

This is just not right to only have 2800 miles on the unit and spending my retirement money on a camper to travel across the country and we cant. Because Jayco will not take care of there customer. I dont understand it seems like Jayco is dragging this out to get past the warranty. I bought the extended warranty and still no progress.

Is this a representation of what this company I dont think so. I have heard really great things about Jayco going over and above to make satisfied customers. I just dont know why Jayco is doing this to me. Please please please I need to talk to someone with authority and who can make decisions.

I dont want to spin my wheels talking to someone that cant make things happen. Im asking for help Please my name is Ed Donahue and phone number is 928-715-**** thank you

User's recommendation: Make sure and do your homework and look at the company if they stand behind their product and customer

Charles M Xai

Jayco RV has been in shop for over 6 months

I purchased an class B van from Jayco in March of 22 and have had issues with every electrical assembly since. I turned the van into Camping world in Oct of 23 and as of March 3, 2024, they have still been unable to complete a service recall. Jayco customer service will not assist me at all. I have no other recourse but to hire an attorney now.
Pros:
  • Good features
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
  • Poor build quality and no expertise to repair

User's recommendation: Don't ever become a Jayco customer

Leonard S Kdb

Verified Reviewer

Poor workmanship, no customer service.

I bought a new Jayco Redhawk from Affinity RV (now Blue Compass) for $145,000. It was delivered damaged which wasnt disclosed prior to sale.

It was in the shop 6 weeks for repairs for a crack over the door. The door has never fit right, wont close tight or pops open. Cameras quit working, levelers quit working, wall panels warped and covering came off, front burner on stove frequently fails to light, CO detector intermittently goes off. Ive owned it for 16 months and its been broken down for over 6 months.

The dealership doesnt care and the company doesnt care.

I written Jayco, Affinity/Blue Compass, Lemon Law Attorneys and many negative reviews. No one cares.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Drivability very guide
Cons:
  • Customer service
  • Workmanship
  • Quality of materials

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t buy Jayco and definitely don’t buy from Blue Compass.

Resolved
Rick O Kzu

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Fraud - sold an expensive electronic device, already integrated in the RV and will not refund us for this

Updated by user Oct 25, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. The dealership apologized and offered a full refund on the router that was sold to me improperly. The refund has not been sent to me yet, but I expect it to be within the next couple of weeks.

Original review Oct 18, 2023
Several problems going back to March 2023 when we bought our $133k RV from Great American RV (GARV) in Memphis Tennessee. Its currently October 2023.

Still not resolved. Getting the runaround. This includes selling us expensive electronics we didnt need because they were already integrated in our RV. And they have repeatedly refused to refund us for this.

We would like a refund for the electronic part (a router) that cost us over $400. They misled us by telling us we needed this part. Its still new, in the box & unopened. Taking the part back and refunding us for this poses no risk or loss to their business.

They can resell it. Its current technology. The entire experience with GARV Memphis has been difficult, disappointing and frustrating. It took us 8 hours to take delivery of our new 2023 RV, which we made a deal on and bought sight-unseen online.

Several things were wrong with it which took forever to resolve, some of them are still not resolved. Probably wont be buying from this dealership again.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Lower price
Cons:
  • Cheaply made

User's recommendation: Do not buy from GARV Memphis

Guest

The dealership has reached out to me with an apology and an offer to refund the electronic device that was recommended to me in error. Hopefully they will follow through on this. I’m shipping the device back to them today

map-marker Albany, Georgia

Issues with it since day 1

Jayco - Issues with it since day 1
Jayco - Issues with it since day 1 - Image 2
Jayco - Issues with it since day 1 - Image 3
I need someone to call me asap. This is our 4th Jayco and nothing but issues and we paid over $100k. I need a call asap or you will hear from our attorney. Quality and service has been terrible and we bought top of the line. We have own several and this one is terrible. Laurie Haynes 813-335-****
map-marker Albany, Georgia

Buy top of the line and pay over $100k and nothing but issues and responses you get is nothing or you wait forever for a call back.

Jayco - Buy top of the line and pay over $100k and nothing but issues and responses you get is...
Jayco - Buy top of the line and pay over $100k and nothing but issues and responses you... - Image 2
Quality of our Jayco Pinnacle and lack of response in addressing the many issues we have had and it's not a year old.
Demick S

Another issue

after 15 months of owning with isssues from day one...now the refridge had another issue but it wasnt the fridge. it was from the manufacturing at jayco when building with the workers that are non educated or trained to do the work.

the fridge would not stay lit on propane and to find out it was the propane hose being pinched under the slide out going into the fridge that was not installed per standards by hiring people off the street to to the work that are not certified to build rvs.

it was fixed under warranty but this is the like 20th issue of non approved inspection work that should be done at the manufacturer before it is sold to the consumer. in my opinion Jayco is selling refurbished rvs and equipment.

$2000
Cons:
  • Not all work under warranty was refunded 2000 dollars

Preferred solution: I believe after 6 months of issues, the Rv is legally a LEMON!!! that means Jayco should offer a new inspected certified working RV.

Sanbonani P

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

To warn people considering buying a new Jayco RV product.

We are well seasoned Rvers and campers of any years and were looking for a substitute small tow behind for short trips into areas where we could not get to in our motorhome. We were well warned about buying a new camper due to poor workmanship, so we choose Jayco, which we considered okay quality, bought the their 2023 Flight Baja 18RB.

Did our first trip and just so much just fell apart, like 12 serious problems, so bad that we were lucky to limp it home and back to Camping World of Albuquerque, then the fun and BS games started with us in the middle, which looking back now is pare for the course for both Camping World and Jayco to BS their client for as long as they can, in hope they give up, and yes, we gave up as we will not stoop to either level of deceit and lies. We are disgusted that Jayco and Camping World do this so many people, when I read reviews, shameful and so deceitful and I hope many read this review to avoid them being caught in the same trap we got caught in.

We got rid of this trailer at great loss and we will never do any business with or have anything to do with Jayco or Camping World ever again. For those who read this review, be warned !

User's recommendation: BE WARNED !!!!!!

William K Qea

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Norristown, Pennsylvania

Manufacturing defect/safety issue

Jayco - Manufacturing defect/safety issue
Jayco - Manufacturing defect/safety issue - Image 2
Updated by user Aug 01, 2023

This was a one time purchase

Original review Jul 31, 2023
Had this camper app. 2 months when power failed.

No breakers thrown so on cycling power again, external electrical sparking/arcing witnessed and burning plastic smell noted. Had to retain an independent repair service as towing to dealer would have been on me. Repair tech found main internal power cable pinched, wedged and melted so badly he couldn't remove it having to cut above and below, then placing new cable, conduit and junction box. Jayco "customer service" cited their "warranty" when I stated the repair tech said this was clearly manufacturing defect and were oblivious to the real potential danger.

They agreed to reimburse the costs I incurred but made it seem they were doing me a huge favor.

Totally angry and would not have purchased this had I known 3 months ago. Any suggestions??

User's recommendation: Do not buy Jayco

Howard S Nxr

2 Months? Thats about 59 or 60 days from taking delivery, you did great!

Wait, it gets worse! Come back after your first trip, tell us about it!

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

The RVing tips and tricks: How to choose an RV? What’s it like to travel in an RV? Watch this video interview with full-time RV travelers, The Adventures of Fox & Miles. Learn how RV traveling can change your life and how to plan your camping trip wisely.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

Jessie C Fdr

Poor craftsmanship

I purchased a 2024 fifth wheel ROLK and been sitting at the dealer to be fixed. Jayco not providing the parts I.

A timely manner. I would not recommend buying a jayco. This the last reply I received from the dealer. " So, we are still waiting on parts to get in.

The wall panels are the main ones. There is no ETA provided by the vendor.

When we have the parts we can get it done pretty quickly, but until then I don't have an accurate timeline."

Jayco should tak ownership of their poor craftsmanship by either providing me a unit that is acceptable or get the parts to dealer so it can be fixed soon than later. 8+ weeks are unacceptable.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not make their product with quality
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

NightmareRV W

Verified Reviewer

Poor quality, even worse customer service...

Updated by user Oct 21, 2023

We are still waiting for our RV to come out of the shop.

Original review Oct 05, 2023
Bought brand new 2023 Seismic. With in days of driving it off lot to the campsite...multiple leaks under & in bay, under kitchen sink, toilet and roof, electrical issues, "decorative screws," appliance issues, multiple door issues, A/C problems.

Had to wait months to even get it in to be worked on. Took getting a lawyer for Jayco to return our calls. Ended up with a new roof, new end cap, new A/C (which broke days later), new fridge, new side and back ramp, frame was re-squared and multiple other issues fixed. Now it's back in the shop for more problems.

I started a blog if anyone wants to read all of it, it's still on going. Nightmarerv.com
Pros:
  • Had a side deck
  • Interior is nicely decorated
Cons:
  • Roof need replaced
  • Multiple electrical issues
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: All I can say is we will NEVER buy a Jayco again.

John H Ncp

110 electric receptacles in the bathroom half bath kitchen area do not work

Representative sent a wiring diagram and had the GFCI receptacles circled. Thanks was able to locate the popped GFCI. EVERYTHING is back to normal. Blood pressure is good. Thank you.

User's recommendation: Remain calm and talk to the representative. They will help you

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article