After less than a year of use, the particle board sub-floor under the lino rotted.The first indication that there was a problem was when we noticed the floor area adjacent to the door was soft and spongy.

The repair was complex, to put it mildly, and cost us $3,000. The wheel well on one side was not sealed properly at the factory (according to the RV technician who did the repair) and water was entering the insulation under the floor when we drove through a rain storm. It had no way to dry out properly and was not a visible leak. Therefore, after the soaking wet insulation sat for half a year, the particle board sub-floor rotted.

This was not the only leak. The siding was poorly installed and, again, when we drove through a rain storm water would enter around the front window. We removed and completely resealed the window, but this didn't solve the problem and it took additional investigation to determine that the siding joints were where the water was entering. We caulked all the siding on the front of the trailer to address this problem.

The underside of the trailer is covered in what looks like light-weight landscape fabric, haphazardly stapled on. We experienced a blown tire while traveling, pulled over instantly (ie. did not drive on the flat), but the blown tire did extensive damage to the underside of the trailer - shredded the fabric, insulation and lumber framing. As a result, we had the wheel wells armored with diamond plating.

This should be done at the factory. What a stupid way to build a travel trailer. In short, this trailer is an absolute piece of junk and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Sadly, I'm sure Jayco is not the only manufacturer to build trailers this way.I understand the production line workers are paid by the piece work system rather than an hourly wage so there is no time or incentive to fix a problem or even be concerned with doing quality work.

Review about: 2013 Jayco Jay Flight Slx 185rb Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Jayco?

Comments

Didn't Thor just purchase Jayco? I had a host of problems with my 2017 Thor Miramar 34.3 class A. Ended up in litigation mainly due to a faulty slide and mismanaged repairs by the delaership and Thor (we even sent to Indiana).

Go to rvintelguru.com to see the whole story.

Doesn't Jayco have a two year warranty? I know these things shouldn't happen with brandnew equipment, but your warranty covers this work, right?