150 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

We purchased our unit from Camping World in SC in March 2020 with the option of an outside grill and refrigerator, for an additional $2,400 to the purchase price. We live in TN and this outside grill and refrigerator was not installed when we picked the unit up.

We were told it would be shipped to Camping World in Alco TN for installation.

After numerous phone calls we finally got the outer box and refrigerator install in late Oct 2020, however, the grill was not correct and not installed.

I talked back-in-forth with the salespeople at Camping World in Spartanburg SC (where we bought the unit), and Camping World Alco TN until February 2021, it became ridiculous, and we finally gave up on getting the grill we paid for and bought a Black Stone grill on our own to use.

The unbelievable part is Camping World humbled themselves by sending us a $200 gift certificate as replacement!

June 2021 while on a week vacation in Tampa Florida, the detail board above the living room couch came unglued and unstapled on one side and fell causing damaging and nicks in the interior. This we had to fix by placing screws in the wood trim. Not the look we were going for!

June 2021 while on the same vacation the rear black tank completely detached and dropped down on the underbelly. Very disturbing, discussing and disappointing situation on the road.

The Jayco dealer in that area could not take in our unit to fix it and there was not a representative in the area to come out and look at it.

We got the unit home and found that we were still unable to get the unit to a dealer for repairs and absolutely no luck finding a representative from Jayco to fix it.

We ended up hiring a repair individual and paying $642.03 to get the tank emptied and reattached, this service provider took pictures because the tank was incorrectly installed with the wrong size elbow and clamp.

Now I understand Jayco warranty and/or the extended warranty we purchased, will not cover the manufactures negligent of installation because we were not able to get it into a dealer for repairs.

I have tried to contact someone with a managerial influence affiliated with Jayco several times and have not been successful.

With my last attempt to Jayco I finally got an individual with Jayco customer service that cannot take care of the situation and tells me to return contact with Camping World where we purchased the unit.

UGH!

Samantha (Jayco customer service representative) also told me that 5th wheel units are not meant to be lived in! Someone may need to inform her that living in a 5th wheel (or mobile unit of any kind) is very popular these days. Years ago my husband and I made plans to sell our home, travel and live in the unit we purchased. Many individuals live in Jayco units of all kinds these days.

We also have repair cost for replacement of a transformer $542.02 and water/ice maker $390.89 worked on twice and still not working!

Our unit is 1 year old!!!

I would like it explained to me why Jayco touts they are the oldest RV manufacture with excellent customer service and satisfaction, yet we have had nothing but confusion from the time we received our unit.

We really like this floor plan (great for living in!) however, this situation is frustrating and probably the reasons we will not purchase a unit again from Jayco.

I would also like to speak with an individual from Jayco Executive Management about our experience. Our frustration is very high and our satisfaction is very low.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments